2011年8月4日木曜日

Overhaul determined


Any making detour are not allowed if I would continue fully mechanical controlled old VW 1302 Super Beetle.
I cannot avoid the problem happened on the mechanical carburetor, Solex 34PICT3. No way to pretend that I do not know about it in spite of self clear recognition on the carburetor problem.
Replacing the important parts to solve the problem, acceleration hesitation and stumbling already, for the next, I must proceed to the carburetor however much I may run away about from the problem, the time come just in front of me.

Consequently I must do that, full over haul of a prepared carburetor, Bocar(Mexican) 34PICT3 would be disassembled and replaced on my Beetle today.
I'm making effort to know what part the check ball exist and how many are there?
The reports about the carburetor later:

Successfully the carburetor on VW 1302 Super Beetle was replaced, obtaining completely different responses, eye-opening result was at hand.
Bocar Mexican carburetor prepared was from the YaHoo auction as a junk but like new one without any failures, the pressure leak on throttle butterfly center shaft was not observed.
Carburetor adjusting was performed by actual running test driving 200km today to Northern Kyoto along Route 9.

Acceleration transition was far improved and the rotation from low speed to moderate one was so smooth as to satisfy myself on the 1600cc VW Air-cooled AD type motor.
The reaction and response were linear and apparent according to the adjustment screw's rotations.
Anyway my Super Beetle transformed into completely different automobile from a dull and slow turtle. Now quick and light action it has like a young fish released into clean, clear and fresh water.

After disassembling original Solex 34PICT3 carburetor, I found out a critical error on the power jet, that was completely closed with some hard material. This is the main reason of strange acceleration phenomena, hesitating and stumbling.
Periodical replacement overhaul kit is sold at Flat4 in Tokyo at 4,200 yen.
Do I do that or just replace the power jet with 0,60mm diameter hole?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿