2011年10月10日月曜日

DIY made ST



A Web friend in Kyusyu inquired me of the Special Tool for a pillow ball joint replacement in XH200 Opel B-Vectra. I sent him the DIY ST and second handed but alive parts of course.
This affair remembered me of some interesting story of a chain reaction of automobile parts replacement coming out one after another.

Hitting noise from rear axle portion of B-Vectra obliged me to replace the pillow ball joints fixed in the lateral arm end on 4 points, the Special Tool was prepared by myself utilizing caliper piston of TOYTA GX71 and GX91 with 11mm centering bolt and nut application.

But the intolerable strange hitting noise from rear left axle did not disappear at all, I happen to hold the roof rail and shuck violently with some indignation, then it was that moment that I found out the critical criminal, shock absorber piston rod portion was the origin of the chronic noise.

For the countermeasure replaced I the rear shock absorbers on both sides, but this destruction of wearing balance caused chain reactions following after the mistakes, too firm reactions from the rear axle cleared up the weak frontal shock absorbing capability. So I did the same on frontal axle for the next step, closing up the worn main rear engine mount with a lack of supporting viscoelasticity. Then the engine mount was replaced overcoming incredible difficulty with desperate efforts.

Now almost of the internal main components of Vectra were thoroughly replaced except the X20 motor and AISIN automatic trans-axle.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿