2012年1月28日土曜日

Mechanical carburetors

The reason why I decided to keep 40 years air-cooled Beetle is to feel and to touch a fully mechanically controlled automobile by adjusting by myself and for myself for improvement of my skill. Of course such kind of half dead machinery should require some unexpectedly desperate efforts to restore and to resuscitate well, I did it with six months in an effort, coming to a last stop point, getting the license plate.

This kind of trial is very serious highest step for a non professional layman like me. On the way, not a little experimental results, indispensable information and know-hows were obtained that also useful not only in the automobile maintenance field but ours.

From the beginning I had some self-confidence in servicing and adjusting mechanical carburetor, this time Solex 34PICT3 single carburetor, because my technology had been nourished by some difficult ones, twin WEBER 40 DCOM those were equipped in Talbot PEUGEOUT 205 Rallye model, produced in limited amount for the WRC regulation for under 1300cc category mainly for private entries.

All the jets setting were perfectly done by the factory production line enough to complete relatively easy adjustment if performed well by skillful engineer. I trained myself by my own development to establish perfect adjustment to the level of passing the exhaust gas Legal Checking, Carbon-oxide below 4,5% and Hydrocarbon under 1200PPM.
Of course precise pin point adjustment for 4 idle mixture control screw adjustment were necessary!
Consequently those kind of experiences played a great part of finishing VW Super Beetle on earth.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿