2011年5月15日日曜日

Pedal friction





The pedals construction was removed and disassembled on VW 1302 Super Beetle today intending lubrication and precise resetting.
As I've an unforgettable memory that the lack of lubrication on pedal hinges was one of the reason to throw away '72 1200cc STD Beetle 40 years ago. It's a matter for regret that I didn't have enough capability to do that by myself.
But now I can, so I did it at any rate in order to revenge myself at that time.
Three pedals were combined in one piece for space saving and shafts and pipes construction,so not a little friction is performed in case of lack of lubrication. Microflon mixed with gear oil was applied to reduce friction resistance.
Clutch wire fuck shows how much this part had been used?
The reason why I insist on the point is that the lubrication on pedal hinge portion is indispensable maintenance to establish clutch meeting so smooth.
The position relations between the clutch pressure plate and clutch plate is discerned and transient of pressure that isn't flat and even on the way but the exponentially increases at the time of meeting, such transitions are felt on the bottom of foot if the friction is reduced.
This is why I put an emphasis on the point.

Wild Fuji was in full bloom now in the deep mountain,photo was taken while the testing drive today.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿