2011年5月11日水曜日

My Beetle's story

In spite of my concept that no same model again in my automobile selection, I chose air-cooled Beetle again since 40 years ago.
I used 1200cc standard model in 1972 for 50,000km without good understandings on mechanical constructions of Beetle.
Now I payed attentions to old Beetle and enchanted by it's excellent design as a machinery.
She doesn't have any power assists,power steering,power window, powered brake system nor powered gate opener. So the tasks for motor and battery are just for starter,for generator,for ignition firing and for cruising including oil pump and cooling fan operation.
Air-cooled old Beetle is a automobile just like backing to the basics.

I've been looking for the Beetle used only a few Mileage below 50,000km, because of the difficulty on servicing the motor and the trans-axle for outsider.
I happened to come across with the target satisfying my desires in Wakayama City and the axle of the Beetle was sophisticated independent suspensions F/R, 1600cc Super Beetle.
All conditions were met with my intention!
This is the story to have bought this VW 1302 Super Beetle half a year ago.
Ultra desperate efforts were required for six months to get her down as to obtain Legal License Plate numbered 13-02.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿