2010年11月6日土曜日

Cooking on BC7 SUBARU

I was crawing under the axle of BC7 SUBARU Legacy LSi US left handled model this afternoon. The reason why I did it was that the left side tendency and two centric steering positions while straight running had been seen recently, very unpleasant driving feeling was there comparing with another ones I'm keeping now. Careful measurements on wheel base proved no error was found out as suspected previously, 2584,80mm on both sides on standard value 2580,00mm. As set back was checked enough last time, possible error should be caused by swung rear end phenomena, but such anxieties were in vain. Following measurement on thrust angle revealed the error clearly, thrust angle was plus 1,350/2 minutes.
I found out the unacceptable and strange steering reaction, wondering phenomena when stopping and starting was throughly wiped out clearly. Of course reactions were changed into very confortable one after adjustment.

I had an opportunity to talk with the owner of the VW shop "My Bows" in Tokyo tonight, he was very kindly enough like an old friend to tell me very important methods and know hows for servicing VW. I felt some warmth and his passions to live with VW old models.
On comming 14th this month, some event is holding in Sizuoka pref., I may attend the party to meet with him for the sake of good relations.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿