2012年11月14日水曜日

Fixed focal length lens

All the old Minolta I have been keeping as long as 40 years could be modified to adopt on Canon EOS digital imaging format safely with some efforts. The advantage to be a fixed focal length is also performed even on a modern device and their potentials are far superior to any expensive variable focal length lenses. However perfectly it is designed utilizing computer analysis to obtain the best balanced lens designing construction, no other zoom lens could not exceed a single focal length lens at all even now. It's true that valuable one has good advantage to control a necessary angle of view of the shooting scenery, the reproducibility of the shooting spot would be inferior to fixed one at any time. This is why I make it a rule to carry only fixed ones overcoming all the inconveniences, handling for replacing and angle adjustment by moving myself. I desert any sophisticated mechanisms, motor driven automatic focusing system, automatic exposure and anti-camera shake adjusting system, I take rather the real effect than any fascinating conveniences. Exposure value is scaled by a reflective EV meter so carefully avoiding white color loosing, device is fixed on a blades on every shot following the manner that of 4by5 silver salt field camera's procedures.
I feel it very strange that a good shot is obtained when the weather condition is not favorable even on rainy day, so I go out with a heavy camera bag with full of equipment and an usual tripod.
Do  you think I'm just a fool or affected by some chronic disease?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿