2013年2月22日金曜日

Inadvertent failure



Though I wrote on today's legal inspection just I have nothing to worry about VW 1302 Super Beetle with passing very easily, actually not on earth! I have failed as much as 4 times because of the ill setting value on side slip and the lack of left side head light illuminance! The illuminance problem was simply solved by a little motor acceleration to activate DC generator just while being measured by the device. As a matter of fact, I have received red stamped additional sheet and obliged to pay 1,300 yen more. I'm shame so much, as the first time for me like this! As I adjusted toe-in value so gradually and carefully after failing, the attempts changed into 0,5mm wider step by step, finally I determined to adjust it by means of 3 points see through method from the frontal direction ignoring the original condition, much faster and quicker to adjust it within the tolerance for this method, setting it within plus minus 5mm. As for exhaust emission gas test, I got negative mark on the value of Hydro-Carbon, the official inspector gave me a passing stamp after consulting datum book depending on the production age.
The failure today mainly due to reverse threaded screw construction of adjusting mechanism on tie rods on both side, just I was confused, neglected to check it as a final step. I have realized some bad manners of steering reaction after adequate to toe-in value was applied. I should realize on this kind of inconvenience before the legal inspection. Munch more precise adjustment would be performed by means of LASER pointer equipped measuring device as having been done on another automobiles that I'm keeping now.
Thank to 5 hours taking problem due to my own inadvertent failure, I could make friend there, the owner of old Lotus Elan and also old Mini Countryman, both of the automobiles were older than my '71 Super Beetle. Finally we all could pass the inspection test and shook hands each other.
In addition I could have an opportunity to talk with an enthusiast driving on Nissan 180SX, he had moved the motor position backward to establish front motor mid-shipping construction. He said the steering reaction had been changed by his desperate efforts on his work, far better than original setting like a completely different car. I hope he could have passed the inspection safe yesterday.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿