2010年10月7日木曜日

Possibility


In order to restore an automobile that's produced 48 years ago, strong will and fortitude are required especially for an outsider for a layman like myself, just curiosity is not enough to carry out the complecated tasks. Probably it'll take tremendous time until I would be old enough to come to my end.
But suppose if I do not make up my mind to do it now, just boring and monotonous residual daily lives are waiting in future.
The decision this time on VW 1302 Restoration is exactly the same as jumping off myself from the higher stage of Kiyomizu Temple.
I hope I would enjoy future lives with fully mechanical Old VW life.
Escape and laziness in my mind are the enemy to be annihilated throughly.
The enemy is not in front of me but inside of myself.
Consequently wanna I do everything in my hobby life if I find a way to a tinny piece of possibility.

This is a truth that I regard old air-cooled VW Beetle as a 1/1 scaled metal pressed toy, but it can move if licensed under legal traffic law. 48 years time interval after it's production means some requirements to be replaced rubber parts and periodical replacement parts, these are the common sence going without writing.
First of all, brake system must be established that's prior to every maintenance and indispensable physical property for any automobile. Brake master cylinder assembly, 4 wheel cylinders and brake hoses are on the first parts orders seats. And electrical lamps for safety must be checked, exhaust gas is the high hardle to come over according to Japanese Traffic Law, CO below 0,5% and HC below 1200 ppm, requiring precise carburator adjustment.

After visiting FLAT 4 Kyoto branch to gather informations about newly comming 1302 Super Beetle, I got better interactions from the staff there. All the replacement parts are available even frontal strut mounts with strut bearing, this was great relive to wipe out all the prior anxieties.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿