2017年5月13日土曜日

Replacing bush




Front lower arm bushes were renewed on both side of VW 1302 Super Beetle yesterday. Donate shaped 5 mm thickness rubber sheets were applied between front and rear surfaces and lower arm in order to compensate the rubber bushes weak property preventing the axial directional movement.
After accomplishing these procedure, considerable front axle "Toe Out" condition was established as a matter of fact.
Remembering the past four years ago when I tried Legal Inspection every two years, too much "Toe In"  in front alignment made her fail the exam, I adjust the inconvenience at that place and succeeded I at that time.  In short, the fracture of the bushes had been occurred at that time causing ill front wheel alignment and constructive geometry.
Over three years did I drive this automobile without recognizing this inconvenience? To tell the truth, I have been feeling any discomfort whenever drive I this Beetle, I told to myself, this kind of problem should be ignored because she is an around 50 years old lady, also I knew that how much effort by muscle work is required if the bushes are replaced by my self because I had done it by myself when she had come to me from Wakayama Prefecture. Just I pretended that I don't know about that.
As for the Special Tool I did was not successful leading to the center bolt fracture, slipping resistor surpassed the strength of the long screwed shaft, more stronger physical property was required such as quenching process.
Disassembling the lower arms thoroughly and conventional method with oil pressure press machinery was performed.
I realized again that "What must be done must be done ASAP, because nothing becomes better than getting worse leading to every abominable affair.
From now I would like to re-establish an ideal wheel alignment and geometric construction of axle with a sincere endeavor.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿