2021年6月5日土曜日

Long neglected EPS calibration

Very important calibration on Electric Power Steering in Audi A3 has not been performed. I did it while running today with a great surprise on the Earth! Precise 360 degree right side and left side turning and keeping straight running position go for a while, very simple and easy method as it is, a critically basic establishment of the angular steering position sensor null point had not been done, how come? A3 DBA-8PCAX model has ECU controlling steering centric positioning function, so the signal of the calibrated Null Point is required. This adjustment should be done periodically associated with the change of steering linkage value including that of uneven tire wear. In addition to my own misunderstanding that my A3 does not have such a sophisticated computer controlled system but a mirely oil pump controlling old style power steering system at all. I have been repeating thrust angle adjustment several times without noticing this fundamental truth and fact, it means that I am mirely a layman however long period time I might dedicated in loosing myself. Remembered I a proverb, "The lighthouse is dark.". I feel my own incompetence rather than a pleasure to know what I didn't know.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿