2018年8月21日火曜日

A Creed

I was moved from the bottom of my heart by a creed found in the Website a few years ago.
These description should be bear in mind not only as a member of medical field but as a human being.
Though I'm not in the Christianity, I apreciate this religeon utmost if this kind of expression is done.
The sublime way of thinking strikes minds of mankind overcoming the rage of race, religeon and age.

A CREED FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUFFERED

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve
  I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey...

I asked for health, that I might do greater things
  I was given infirmity, that I might do better things...

I asked for riches, that I might be happy
  I was given poverty, that I might be wise...

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men
  I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God...

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life
  I was given life, that I might enjoy all things...

I got nothing that I asked for -- but everything I had hoped for

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
  I am among all men, most richly blessed!

Author unknown
This creed is hung on a wall at a waiting room of Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, 400 East 34th Street NYC.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿