2016年5月1日日曜日

Super Beetle ill in bed


Strange steering reaction obliged me to check and to find out a critical problem on the rear axle of Super Beetle, a pivot bolt for right trailing arm was lost at all! As show in the photo, it was lost thoroughly also two pieces of the pivot washer also, this is why I felt quite a strange drive feeling the other day. As a matter of fact, thrust angle changes irregularly and driving direction was so dull and muddy as to make me feel that I might throw this away. With my desperate effort, found out the missed parts in the Web sight, VW shop My Bows in Tokyo. Unluckily, all of Japanese Island is now under long vacation period as Golden Holidays Week. The parts are already ordered following their form, they will send me them at least 6 days later, so my Super Beetle would be held on the supporting stands for a time being. The round donut shape rubber sheets are prepared for lateral compliance adjustment of the trailing arms on both side, the compliance there would be very important for establishing sure steering reaction and comfortable ride. Pivot bolt  & washers in the photo are removed left side ones.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿