2023年9月11日月曜日

Former foreign settlement in Kobe









I visited Kobe's former foreign settlement for the first time in three years. Due to the recent earthquake and bombing by US B29 while WW2, all of the buildings dating back to the Meiji era, which is a good part of Old foreign Settlement Ward, were destroyed and lost completely, but they have been skillfully rebuilt while retaining the atmosphere of the past. The taste and skill of the designers and builders are noteworthy. Although it has been rebuilt, no one will be disappointed when visiting this place. The sewer pipes of the settlement, infrastructure, some of which are still in use, are now visible on the sidewalk for pedestrian. I was surprised to see it established with blocks 100 years ago on display actually.

It is already September 10th today, but it's still very hot and I fell into dehydrated condition. The people I pass by here Kobe Motomachi are all sophisticated and nice outstandingly, in good mood and atmosphere.

After the photo shoot, I had lunch as usual at "Oboya" on the north side of Motomachi Station. The  meat bowl of Oboya I took was enough to restore my energy.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿