2023年2月15日水曜日

Muscle work performed on A3 ABA-8PCAX


At last I have performed muscle work on Audi A3 ABA 8P-CAX the other day, yes, it's the most troublesome requirement, periodical parts replacement of Engine mount and Transaxle support including lower dog bone pendulum bush. It took me as long as 2 days because of my age and the working pit was changed from my own at working place to residence. 19mm bolt and 17mm bolt are different for me to exert myself to concentrate, but a few of bolt to be loosen and tightening were 18mm, how dome. Consequently, it's true that the feeling reactions those are different from some usual manner increased the rate of fatigue unnecessarily.

After the work, steering reactions changed from keen and sever into dull and calm, good or not?

Braking pedal reaction has done sudden to mild.

Turn behavior became is now more uncertain.

Wth better ride, NVH all reduced.

I'll be able to drive my A3 as before without any discomfort.

I admire the engineer who researched and developed this vehicle especially in rubber cushioning materials.

Remember that rubber material that support 200kg weight continuously yield into deforming and lose their original viscoelasticity, not by because of frequency of use but by because of elapsed years.

A pic shows ruined engine mount endured as long as 12 years. The liquid-filled rubber mount on both side cannot be regenerated but new parts replacement is inevitable.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿