2019年5月29日水曜日

The next performer

Though I have been making little of the mechanical construction of steering linkage without power assistance, some hysteresis phenomena on steering wheel center position forced me to open my eyes on it this time. Killing one inconvenience wakes another one, it's like a Mole head hitting game with may holes.
As is often the case in the field, Shimmy phenomena is not  the reason, just some discernible backlash on the steering wheel with no other problem.
By supporting lower arm of the strut  construction in 1 gravity condition, a mischievous origin of that should be detected from now.
Have I kept my eyes on the backlash existing in Idler arm supporting portion, disassembling and some counter measure would be required. This attempt would be continued till the stable and solid steering condition should be established on my Air-cooled Beetle 1302, now 8 years have passed since she came to me with cripple condition. It's nothing but a interesting way to kill my spare time.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿