2015年9月18日金曜日

New commers


An unexpected affair happened, 4-cycle motors came to me at hand from my old friend who closed his shop a few years ago and he has been keeping his favorite good in his garage room and he made up his mind to change his residence to an small apartment just because of age, he does not have critical disease at all. Remembering my past about 40 years ago, I knocked his Radio Control Model shop by chance, story begins at time, I enjoyed to fly model air plane at his specially prepared model airplane air port for several years, I was young and had enough energy to do that at time.
After that, I made up my mind to attend F3A field and I changed the flying places into different group, some of the represents of Kansai area were there automatically my skill was upgraded to revel with them. Though some silent period with him existed for several years, the connections had been kept.
For the sake of friend ships, he gave me some model airplane good that he had been keeping this time.
Now I show Saito twin 4-cycle motor installed on Cub model that is now under my maintenance procedure. Some clogged phenomena was observed in valve movement, lubricant application there solved the problem and keeping enough compression, actually this motor was not used much just test running only? Some important modification was done, insertions of insulator system between the motor case and motor mounting. Applied rubber mounting material prevents vibration comes into servo sliding resistors well and another important moving part such as hinges and horns.  Battery and elevator servos and a rudder servo were mounted in the rear part to meet with the adequate Center of Gravity. More some few days maintenance period time would make it possible to fly this Cub model, if possible I want to take him to the place, however old this geriatric person might be, he would come with me if I call him up.
The similar one had no motor nor no servos is ready to fly with OS 40LA, as this one had no aileron, so designed as rudder control only, applied it in addition, though some destruction of appearance occurred, I need aileron control system at any rate if I try to enjoy freely and safely.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿