2020年12月15日火曜日

Minolta Zoom Rokkor 35-70/3.5 Macro overhaul

It has been several years since I disassembled for cleaning and maintenance Minolta Zoom Rokkor 35-70/3.5 Macro and an actual shooting test and careful checking revealed some poor performance. Consequently, I determined to do that yesterday. Front focusing module was relatively easily removed and the most dirty part exists there invaded by mold. Breathing action caused by the movement of the zooming module invites mold spores let inside this is why this chamber has tendency to get dirty. I applied full overhaul this time including rear condensing module. As for my disappointment, secondary lens from the rear was fixed on the case by means of circular spring wire that might cause uncertainty for precise holding. Unexpectedly, the rear surface of front lens piece of the ilis chamber was invaded by mold attack and several trials for cleaning with solvent were required. It goes without describe here that the original performance of this cute Minolta Zoom lens was obtained with some surprise, resolution, sharpness and color balance of cleaned one are above words at all, comparable with focus fixed ones. I should do full overhaul much more earlier before I judge it as an ordinary Zoom lens, not so good one, I feel some shame. I would like to carry this one with me for the time being. In addition, Web site information told me that the original designing was not done by Leitz GMBh in West Germany but done by Minolta and also production was done in Japan though some of this 35-70 Zoom lens, earlier production without Macro function were produced with different bayonet mount, for Leica-Flex in OEM by Minolta.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿