2013年1月17日木曜日

Disaster 18 years ago

It was 18 years ago, January, 17th, 1995, 5:46 AM, that Hanshin Awaji big Earth Quake happened and over 6,000 people were killed miserably. (The earth quake at Osaka-Kobe-Awaji Island in Hyogo Prefecture connected) Still now the influences remain here and there, also much in our mind. To tell the truth, I didn't have the experience there at that time, because I knew that in CNN TV News program in outside of Japan. Thought I at the beginning it's only some some bombing scenery of some movie, but it didn't take a minute to know the truth after being showed Helicopter camera realizing the actual phenomenon on the ground of destroyed Kobe City. I could come home late at night on the day, finding out the safe forms of my family, observing shredded roads in our neighborhood on the way. The crowded roads all to the West direction prevented me from proceeding to my home and took me over 6 hours to reach at Nakayama from Osaka Umeda on the same day. Something in my home mainly pottery and glass tableware were destroyed when fallen down, nobody injured. Destroyed water and gas supplies obliged us some inconvenient daily lives for the time being till they were recovered as before.
The perceptions to live for our friends might have been changed not a little after the disaster, became deeper with them.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿