2019年3月3日日曜日

7th Golf GTI thrust corrected

The correction of Thrust Angle on VW Golf GTI Mk7 was performed under my son's permission yesterday, it required my desperate effort with heavy muscle work as usual. When I made up my mind after some checking it's axle construction, I realized it was made in Germany leading to the difference of standard tool's size, not 12-14-17-19 but 11-13-15-18 ! As I have experience on French Talbot Peugeot 205 Rallye, 306, Opel B-Vectra and Air-cooled Beetle, I'm keeping the different sized tools, but I wasted time 3 hours to make round trip to Special Tool keeping storage place.
The original datum on the rear axle alignment were 10.5 minutes total toe and minus 5.0 minutes, angle value promptly. Both of the value are within the tolerance based on European Safety Standard.
I changed them into zero thrust and 5.3 minutes total toe. According to my scaling and calculation the result are regarded as so that believe in myself. I know there are various another factors to affect on the scaling value, camber-pull, caster-pull, scrub, F/R axis angle, lateral displacement, uneven tire wear, conicity and the beside weight distribution by a driver, etc.
You can count on many objections to my way, but I dare do that because I can measure and scale the discrepancy and change the ill-conditioned wheel alignment and axle construction as a matter of fact.
Adjusting the rear lower arm length, cam and guide groove construction need more time, because the backlash there produces hysteresis phenomena while adjusting, keeping the bolt position and tightening the nut undef 1G condition is a hard work, not so easy task for me without lifting machine.
Thrust Angle Zero condition was accomplished yesterday and tried I front alignment scaling and adjustment this morning before rain fall afternoon.
12 minutes Toe-Out condition was observed in spite of the standard value, plus 10 minutes plus-minus 10 minute no Toe-Out condition is permissive.
So, did I extension of tie rod on the left side 90 degree because steering position was twisted to plus angle direction compensating thrust correction. My prognosis was to the point, BINGO!  Toe-In value was corrected into zero and the steering position was changed into perfect position at all.
Then what will happen after removing unnecessary resistance on tread surface?
Let's say, the taste of ride is just like replacing climbing boots into sneakers or long pants to short one.
But the stability in steering center position is unmovable and concrete. Though steering pressure is clearly felt according to the road inclination, no wondering phenomena occurs and the vehicle keeps going straight only by being supported at the center same position. It's very easy to drive and to control the car leading to the least driving fatigue. I dare say here that the taste of ride is manly depending on not a comfortable sofa like sheet and flexible axle construction but the correct wheel alignment setting.
On the other hand, a vehicle with incorrect wheel alignment is often mistaken as some profound steering  feeling. Suppose here, a forklift with rear steering, it also circle turns as same as front steering vehicle.
In order to adapt the circle movement, driver have to cancel or adjust it to keep straight running, thrust angle is the same as the rear steering action at all. Is it necessary two drivers to drive ordinary car?
Balance while bracing on the tread surfaces is easily broken by some external road surface disturbance and the vehicle changes it's running direction immediately, at that situation the driver is obliged to adjust the steering with or without consciousness. Bad habit car is hated because of this reason, don't you think?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿